CST 438-40 Software Engineering - Week 5
Week 5 Learning Journal:
This week, I learned about large-scale testing and how it differs from unit testing. I also learned about the importance of realistic test data, proper system configuration, and clear ownership of tests. Canary testing and A/B testing showed me how organizations like Google can test changes safely and identify problems before releasing them to everyone. In our group project, our team completed Iteration 2 by reviewing code, merging pull requests, fixing issues found during testing, responding to reviewer feedback, and verifying that the frontend, backend, and database worked together correctly. We also used Git branches, commits, pull requests, and team communication to coordinate our work. I also learned that Agile practices such as assigning priorities and estimating tasks with points are very useful because they help the team understand which work is most important, compare the size of different tasks, and divide the workload more fairly. My main takeaway is that successful software development depends on testing, collaboration, planning, and clear organization, not just writing code.
Comments
Post a Comment